Monday, January 21, 2013

We need a vacation. 7/19/12

After our tease I like to call it in May, we decided I would go with Mike to Seattle. He had training for work there for a week and since I was still looking for a job why not tag along.  I always think a vacation after a loss or hard time in your life is necessary. Time to clear your mind before jumping back in. We had a good time and even had the chance to meet up with some family I haven't seen in years.

After our trip we decided to jump right back in. Why wait any longer? We know the "cocktail" it took to get pregnant lets try again.

Well, June was a bust! Same "cocktail" no result.

In July we decided to sit down with our doctor and figure out what is next. Do we jump into IVF? If so, we will need to take some time off and I will need to take this job hunt seriously because IVF is not cheap. It would cost about $10,000 to do the whole procedure and even then it is not guaranteed.

His plan was for me to have a laparoscopy. This will be an outpatient surgery and with a little microscope the doctor will go in through my belly button and take a look at my tubes. He is making sure I don't have endometriosis or growths that could be preventing me from getting pregnant.

He also assured us that since we got pregnant once, IVF will not be in our course of action because he knows we can get pregnant. We have good chances :)

Laproscopy went well! Nothing was found and we can continue with the injections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11 years later and five years since last post!

 Well, it has been a hot minute since I last posted...2018. After I had Mason and Maddox it was hard for me to write. Not only was I super b...