Monday, January 21, 2013

Could it be! 4/25/12

The day before the call from the nurse was not a good day. I woke up to AF. The witch was here and letting me down once again. I almost contemplated calling my doctor that day and cancelling my blood test. She reassured me that 30% of women bleed through their pregnancy and we can't just rule it out yet. So, I decide to keep my appointment and dragged my butt there at 7 am like I have been doing for months.

The dreaded phone call! For anyone going through treatments, you know that day where you go in for the blood work first thing in the morning and then have to WAIT ALL DAY to find out if you are pregnant.

Well, I waited and waited and finally got the call. Not getting my hopes up of course because I had my period and new the cycle was a bust.

 Katie, my nurse is so sweet and I always wonder that if she calls me earlier if that means she is getting all the negative tests out of the way or vice versa. Well, she called me around 3:30pm, the middle of the day. That can mean anything! So, I answer the call and she starts asking how I am. KATIE! Just tell me, I don't have enough breath in my body to talk to you without my results.

She gives me my results with an enthusiastic, "Congratulations, its a positive and your beta number is a 50." I continued to tell her I was still bleeding and that there must be a mistake and she encouraged me that the results were real and if it made me feel better to take it easy the next few days. We were so early as it was and anything could happen at that point. But, we did it!!! We were pregnant!

Luckily Mike was home and we laughed, cried and called our family. The rule is you don't tell anyone, but with everything we have been through we can tell those close to us.

A day or so later I was still bleeding. I knew in my heart this wasn't good. The nurse also told me to come back in four days after the result to do another blood test to make sure the beta number doubles. I went back in and with another phone call that day I was not pregnant anymore. What a slap in the face. I had only a few days to enjoy what I knew of pregnancy. The world crashes once again.

If you have been through infertility you know the feeling very well of, "OK, get back on that horse and try again." So, we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11 years later and five years since last post!

 Well, it has been a hot minute since I last posted...2018. After I had Mason and Maddox it was hard for me to write. Not only was I super b...