Monday, January 21, 2013

How much more can we take? 1/5/13

The day my boys came into this world and quickly left, my husband and I had to make decisions that no parent should ever have to make. Right after the boys passed the nurses came in and wanted to know what we were going to do with their little bodies. Our options were to let the hospital take care of it. This would mean they would be placed in a city cemetery and will remain here in NY, be buried where we would like them to be buried or we could cremate them. Since we are a military family it only made sense to cremate them so we could take them with us everywhere we move. We had to make the dreaded phone call to a funeral home and explain why we needed their services. We arranged that day to have the funeral rep come over to our house and do all the paperwork. We decided to keep the boys together and get one urn. I, as the mother, was the only one that could sign all the paperwork. I, their mother. For the first time in my life I was someone's mother. I was so excited to finally be a mother and the first documents I am signing is their funeral arrangements and death certificates. Through the tears I signed the paperwork to bring my babies home. It may not be the way I envisioned bringing them home, but they will be coming home.

We decided that since our babies were born, even if they only lived a few minutes it was only right to have a service for them. January 4, 2013 I wanted to make sure the boys were sent to heaven with a beautiful church service. We invited all our family and close friends and  picked the Dixie Chicks, "Godspeed" as their song. The day of the service we brought their urn, their hospital memory books and their teddy bears the hospital gave us to the church. We were able to set up their memorial. My brother, who is a great artist drew a picture of their feet with wings in heaven. We made sure everything was perfectly displayed for others to see. Walking over to the church that night was very hard. I had to walk into a room and say goodbye to my babies again and in front of people. I started hyperventilating and was pretty sure I was going to pass out. It was just another reminder that my boys were gone. The service was beautiful and we had a wonderful turn out. I can't say how blessed we are with the prayers of others. A few people I knew shared very private stories of their own losses and then reassured me that they were blessed soon after with a baby. They all have faith that we will be blessed again and I do to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11 years later and five years since last post!

 Well, it has been a hot minute since I last posted...2018. After I had Mason and Maddox it was hard for me to write. Not only was I super b...