Monday, January 21, 2013

Injections here we come..3/9/12

Here we are March 2012 finding out how to administer my injections. The nurse makes sure we know how to switch out the needles, extract it from the bottle and make sure no bubbles are left in the syringe and insert it into my belly. Ew! Please lord, haven't we suffered enough? I think my husband actually enjoyed this part of treatments. He gets to poke me every night for 10 days with a needle.

We were told to start the injections that night and then go in every other day for blood work and ultrasound to monitor the size of the follicles. Oh ya, I said follicles. These drugs will produce multiple follicles with the hopes that you will get a few good eggs out of the batch and one will be big enough to be caught by the all mighty sperm.

Days pass and I am slowly getting sore in my lower belly. Not from the shots, but I can def tell there are some follicles growing. It actually makes me happy to know I am sore, because maybe that means that my eggies are getting big and ready.

We find out that we have a few follicles that are good to go and told to trigger. This is another shot you take to bring on ovulation within a couple days.  I will trigger that night and then go in 48 hours later for the IUI.

So, It is April 6th (Good Friday) and my mom is going to be here for the IUI as well. Kind of awkward because if we conceive today technically she was in the same room when I conceived.

Def in pain after the IUI. They actually say the more you have cramps after an IUI the better the chances.

I will be back in 14 days! Hopefully with some good news :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

11 years later and five years since last post!

 Well, it has been a hot minute since I last posted...2018. After I had Mason and Maddox it was hard for me to write. Not only was I super b...