Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Update...31w4d

This morning we met with our HR doctor and like we thought, the cervix is around a 1cm.  Not really sure what is going to happen, but just waiting at this point.  We go back on Friday.  At this point, the cervix is just dwindling down and I am curious to see what Friday is going to look like if we keep going down .5cm every 3-4 days.  Contractions all weekend were the most I have had and between 2-4 min for most of the weekend. I wish I could say they weren't painful, but they def were not pleasant.  Sleeping is AWFUL! I try to start out on my left side and then extreme hip pain forces me to roll over onto my back which is very painful. I am up most of the night and having to get out of this bed by myself is a balancing act on its own.

I am trying so hard to be patient, but it is getting really rough.  I am a strong person, but between the pain of contractions every day, pressure on my cervix, lack of sleep, losing my private room permenantly and these horrible rude roomates I am at my wits end. I would do anything to be able to ride the rest of this pregnancy out at home.  Doctor said if I hold out I can go home at 34 weeks. Which is 2 weeks in a room with who knows who. I know you all are probably rolling your eyes and thinking you can do this, but the lack of sleep and constant pain and annoyance of people really puts you over the edge. 

In just four days of being with a roomate I have had to deal with projectile vomiting from her this morning and her constant sniffles and sneezing. ( I swear if I get sick bc of this girl I am going to be so pissed off!!) Last night she was on the phone til 1:30 am and her guests didn't leave until an hour after visiting hours (which is better than the other night when they left at 11:30pm) Guests who curse non stop and have no respect for others when talking. These guests were talking about how fat and ugly the nurses are and the "F" word is just flying around. What ever happened to manners? Oh and the fact that I had Chaplin Gardner here. I was so imbarrassed.  I don't understand how people can just just be so rude. 

Oh and the update on the private room. Well, i was told that the room was needed for someone with an infection and of course I would be happy to give that room to someone who was sick.  However, the person who was supposed to go in there had surgery and it corrected itself and she was sent home....so Mike and I are sitting in this room looking at my empty room for 2 days realizing no one is in there. So, our doctor comes in and tells us he did what he could, but the director is keeping one private room available in the case someone needs isolation.  Ok, I get that but the nurses even told us that it doesn't happen very often. So, we arent sure why we can't just be placed in their til someone comes in that needs it. I was in there 2 weeks before someone needed it. There is anotherprivate room but the girl who has been here for ten weeks is in there and god bless her she deserves it a whole lot more than me. 

Our doctor agreed for patients who are long term and to make them very comfortable the private room should be used for them when there isn't an isolation patient. So, I will be in my double room with a rotation of possibly sickly people and some very rude for the next 2 weeks. 

Like I said, I prob sound so miserable and ungrateful for the care I am receiving, but i promise you the nurses are fantastic. I have not come across one rude nurse thank goodness. Just rude guests...

Sorry, this is not the most uplifting blog post, but I am doing my best trying to keep sane.  

On a good note, here is a pic of Maddox from today. Mason was not cooperating :)



1 comment:

  1. Keep your chin up, friend. You have made it so far! You can do this! Lots of love and prayers coming your way!- April

    ReplyDelete

11 years later and five years since last post!

 Well, it has been a hot minute since I last posted...2018. After I had Mason and Maddox it was hard for me to write. Not only was I super b...