Tuesday, December 3, 2013

New update...29w4d

Saw doctor Kofinas this morning and baby A (Mason's) fluid is half of what Maddox's is. It is not dangerously low, but low enough to have to be monitored.  Cervix is up from a 2.5 to a 2.8 so that is good. I was off IV for about 4 hours yesterday and my contractions went from sporadic to regular so that has to be constant.

Dr. Kofinas said it is best to stay til at least 32 weeks bc at that point brain bleeds are almost 0% statistically. So, if we really really want to go home it will be safe to do homecare after that point. Our OB was saying that 34 weeks is prob a better estimation bc you are looking at pratically full term or very close to it.  The thing is that after 32 weeks we can't be given anything to stop the labor. We will be working on Homecare for 32 weeks as long as everything else is good. This will require someone coming to the house a few times a day to monitor vitals and change out fluids etc...

I am going batty and miss my home, but I will do anything if it means keeping these babies in as long as possible. Mike and I have our countdown...32 weeks is December 20th so we could possibly be home for Christmas. If we have to go to 34 weeks than it will be between Jan 3-10th. Our goal is to have these babies and take them home and hopefully no NICU time. 

Every day is a day closer!! They are so active too :) I can sit here and watch my belly shift in certain areas and it is just amazing...They are so strong! Maddox has made my right rib his home an makes it very hard to sit up for long periods of time. mason is very low and has the hiccups quite often...lol.

 I think it is time to invest in those cute maternity gowns:)

Thanks for reading!!

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

11 years later and five years since last post!

 Well, it has been a hot minute since I last posted...2018. After I had Mason and Maddox it was hard for me to write. Not only was I super b...