Thursday, December 5, 2013

I will never complain again...

As I am hitting the two week mark in the hospital I am getting very ancy. I stare at walls all day while being hooked up to IV's, given 2 shots a day of blood thinners and I have seemed to have blown every vein in my arms. I am better off than some women here in the Antepartum Dept.  There is a girl across the hall who I have not seen, but have been told has been here since this summer and is also pregnant around the same time as me with twins.  She cannot get up to go to the bathroom, cannot bathe herself, has to lay constantly in a position where her legs are higher than her head. I almost cried when I was told of her situation.

Things could always be worse. I am sitting here crying because I have been here for two weeks and hate needles. At least I can get up and shower when I want and use the bathroom and I can get up and stretch my legs. I feel terrible for this poor girl, but it seems she has made the decision that she is going to do what she has to do to get her babies here safely even if that means laying practically upside down, going to the bathroom in a bed pan where people have to clean you up and give you sponge baths in bed. 


I have so much to be grateful for right now. I will deal with my two shots a day and painful IV's everyday. I will deal with an uncomfortable bed and cords and wires attached.  I will deal with not being home with my husband and dogs. I will deal with the 8 channels I have on my little tv.  There is so many things in life that can be worse. I just keep reminding myself that in around six weeks I will have two beautiful lives that I will be able to take care of outside of a bed, without needles and cords and who cares about a comfortable bed because I will be getting very little sleep to even enjoy it.  

I thank God every day that he has blessed us with not only the chance for another set of twins, but twin boys.  I never would have dreamed I would have been given a second chance to do it all over again and successfully. I thank God for a husband that loves me more than life itself and never fails to show that to me or anyone else.  I thank God for his job that has given him the necessary time off to take care of things at home and running back and forth with me. I thank God for the wonderful spouses of Fort Wadsworth that are planning a meal train starting next week to help Mike out so he doesn't have to worry about cooking for himself. I thank God for the people in my life that are keeping us afloat with thoughts and prayers. You all truly have no idea how much it means to us. We have felt every single prayer and that is what is keeping us from falling.  

Everyone has a breaking point. I am very close, but until you open your eyes and realize things could always be worse, I will make it through.  I see that beautiful light at the end of the tunnel :)

Thanks again for checking in, 
Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Awe Shannon! I just wanted you to know that I check your blog often and think of you. I believe there are so many of us all over the country who would give anything to be able to put our head around the corner of your hospital door and say "Surprise" and just sit with your for a while and hang out. You are an inspiration! God has chosen you to be the Mother of some very special young men. Two that are angels in heaven and two that are waiting anxiously to come out and join you and that sweet husband of yours. Hang in there and know that we are all rooting for you and cheering you on! Much love and many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inspiring! You are a very strong Mommy and those boys are very lucky. Continuing to send you lots of positive thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

11 years later and five years since last post!

 Well, it has been a hot minute since I last posted...2018. After I had Mason and Maddox it was hard for me to write. Not only was I super b...