Friday, November 8, 2013

Asking for everyone's prayers

Last night around dinner time I went to the restroom and lost my mucus plug. We ran to L&D and after a pelvic exam I indeed lost my plug. Luckily enough I am having no contractions, cervix is still closed and no dilation. However, last time at 20 weeks this is how it started and two days later I went into active labor. I received a steroid shot ( which let me tell you may just be the worse injection ever, but so worth it) and a Rhogam shot and fluids. I will go in this morning to my HR doctor and there will be a discussion of a cerclage and I am definitely put on bed rest. I will have to go back tonight to receive the second steroid shot. Mike will be taking the next week off with me just to get into a new routine of "actual" bed rest and may have to show him pinterest! lol.

Am I in a panic, yes. However, with being 26 weeks I was able to get the steroid shots and with quick intervention my babies will be given the best chance and care.

Oh, BTW, we are letting everyone know the babies are indeed BOYS!! It is official :)


TIA for all the prayers and thoughts. I can't tell you how much they mean to Mike and I. 

Shan

1 comment:

  1. Saying a prayer for you, your hubby, and the boys! Congrats on the news that they're boys. You're getting closer to the end! Hold those babies in there!
    Gini
    (from CC)

    ReplyDelete

11 years later and five years since last post!

 Well, it has been a hot minute since I last posted...2018. After I had Mason and Maddox it was hard for me to write. Not only was I super b...