Friday, June 21, 2013

I think God is really trying to tell us something...

Today was our first ultrasound and nervous didn't even describe how I felt. I woke up in the middle of the night in a hot sweat and my blood pressure was 140/60. The doctor was running late and I swear every min felt like another hour going by. The doctor came in and he showed us one little heartbeat :). Moved the ultrasound wand over a smidge and there was another strong little heart beat. I want to lie and say how happy I am, but with my history and the boys I cried like a knocked up teenager seeing a positive on a pee stick...lol. I want to be pregnant and I am so happy, but I can't help but fear what happened last time.

The doctor reminded us to not share with the world because there is a 1/3 chance that one twin will vanish and there will only be one baby next time. I laughed when he said not to share with the world, because I am pretty sure there is not one person in this world that doesn't know our story. What the hell, I have come this far I need to keep you all in the loop and I need all those extra prayers from you all.

I called my mom in tears and her excitement was just what I needed. She gave me a huge, "That is so exciting!!!" followed by "STOP CRYING!" lol. It's amazing how at 28 years old my mom can still grind her teeth in a threatening way and I swallow my tears like I did when I was 5 years old.

I am excited. I want my twins more than anything. We prepared for them last time and it would only feel right to bring twins home. All I ask is when you say your daily prayers you think of us and that we make it til Christmas. 32 weeks is the magic number.

Thank you again for reading :P

Mike and Shannon

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you!! Your boys are watching over you and they're new siblings!! And poppy is sitting right next to them teaching them everything he knows and watching his new grandchildren grow in your tummy!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon this is great news!!!! I can understand it is easy to feel discouraged after all you two have been through, but this is a good thing! I think that would be the best Christmas gift for the two of you!! Stay positive! Im pulling for you! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting... I totally get how this is a bittersweet moment though. I am hoping for an uneventful pregnancy that hits all those milestones going strong! :) Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I am so happy for you! Congrats, friend!

    ReplyDelete

11 years later and five years since last post!

 Well, it has been a hot minute since I last posted...2018. After I had Mason and Maddox it was hard for me to write. Not only was I super b...